The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for Saab 9-7X insurance in Chandler is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for instructions to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who do rate comparisons will probably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding better rates. A recent study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Chandler is why you’re here, knowing the best ways to find and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
Cheaper rates by applying these eight discounts
Companies don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chandler auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current 9-7X insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, good student, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good driver, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, accident-free, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for early shopping, teen driver, bundle discounts, business and professional, switch companies, youthful driver, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paperless, multiple vehicles, good student, company car, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and new move discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- USAA offers discounts including loyalty savings, defensive driver, annual mileage, new vehicle, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in Chandler. To locate companies who offer discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Car insurance coverages for a Saab 9-7X
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, funeral costs and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, a broken windshield and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, funeral expenses, structural damage, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your 9-7X to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Insurance savings summarized
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Saab 9-7X insurance prices online in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Saab 9-7X insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
When getting Chandler auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Chandler Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)