It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who rate shop once a year are likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Chandler is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Chevy Malibu insurance in Chandler is to annually compare prices from companies in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Malibu coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One bit of advice is that you use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide coverage prices direct online. Getting quotes for Chevy Malibu insurance in Chandler is fairly simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on many factors. Getting online quotes for Chevy Malibu insurance in Chandler streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to perform this step in order to get the most affordable possible premiums on car insurance.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a price comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Chandler, AZ. To buy the best car insurance in Chandler, AZ, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise every policy discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chandler auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chandler auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chandler auto insurance quote.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Malibu car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, professional/association, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, multi-car, bundle discounts, early shopping, good student, homeowner, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Allstate discounts include good payer, passive restraint, new car, anti-lock brakes, and premier discount.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To choose providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Chandler, follow this link.
Chevy Malibu coverage analysis
The premium table displayed below outlines estimates of coverage costs for Chevy Malibu models. Understanding more about how insurance premiums are figured can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Chevy Malibu yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Malibu yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Malibu book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $600 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Buy Chevy Malibu Insurance for Less
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Big city or small town – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
Do women or men drive better? – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes have auto accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Malibu auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your Malibu may be costing you higher rates. Verify your vehicle rating reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If the Chevy Malibu earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Responsible drivers pay less – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Attentive drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Chevy Malibu insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevy Malibu historical loss data – Auto insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the loss history for Chevy Malibu vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Chandler.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chandler who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How are they compensated?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does their agency support local causes in Chandler?
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
You can lower your car insurance rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find affordable Chevy Malibu insurance in Chandler. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)