It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved over $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Chandler is the reason for your visit, knowing how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The best way we recommend to get low-cost Chrysler 200 insurance in Chandler is to compare prices annually from different companies in Arizona.
- First, try to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper 200 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, follow these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Chandler is quite easy. Drivers just need to know how to shop their coverage around online.
Affordable car insurance in Chandler, AZ
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save with these premium slashing discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Chandler auto insurance quote.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, early bird, air bags, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, air bags, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- 21st Century offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, 55 and older, defensive driver, teen driver, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Younger vs. experienced drivers – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers have been known to be more careless with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Avoid traffic tickets – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get flagrant tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Lower premiums for safer vehicles – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chrysler 200 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Your employer and car insurance rates – Jobs such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel generally have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Arizona give discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Getting married can lower prices – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Insurance loss statistics a Chrysler 200 – Car insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine prices. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chrysler 200 Vehicles Specific Chrysler Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Chandler auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How long has the business existed?
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Chandler are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
These agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chandler who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Chandler independent agencies that can give you price quote information.
In the end, you can save money
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce Chrysler 200 insurance premium rates online in Chandler. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Chrysler 200 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Active Military in Chandler? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)