It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Nissan Quest insurance is your goal, then knowing how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
The best way to find affordable Nissan Quest insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Chandler.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Finding and comparing the lowest cost coverage in Chandler can be fairly easy. But Arizona car owners must know how companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering Nissan Quest insurance in Arizona
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Chandler, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Nissan Quest Insurance
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
Frequent policy claims increase insurance rates – Insurance companies in Arizona generally give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Accidents can increase prices – Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
Raise deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
Your liability coverage limits – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Theft deterrents systems cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Youthful drivers cost more – Young drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. Older drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
Nissan Quest historical loss data – Insurers study historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer discounts in Chandler, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Chandler that can provide free Chandler auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
What type of Chandler auto insurance agent is right for you?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Chandler agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Chandler that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Joe Kittelson
1351 N Alma School Rd Ste 160 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 545-8877 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Michael Van Oostendorp
4025 W Chandler Blvd #4 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 899-0898 – View Map
- Tammy White – State Farm Insurance Agent
610 N Alma School Rd #22 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 963-7007 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Chandler that can give you comparison quotes.
- Breinholt Insurance Group, LLC
1600 W Chandler Blvd #150 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 237-2050 – View Map
- Foothills Insurance Agency
2490 S Gilbert Rd #105 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 759-1970 – View Map
- Nationwide – Daniel McLean Kendree AGENCY
1005 S Arizona Ave – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 857-0056 – View Map
The lowest rates come from being thorough
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest Nissan Quest insurance in Chandler can be bought both online in addition to many Chandler insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices and extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)