Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Chandler is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
Really, the only way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Chandler.
- Learn about coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Cadillac XLR insurance discounts in Chandler
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, good driver, student away at school, good student, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, theft prevention, student driver, air bags, good student, and 55 and older.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Arizona, click here.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like distance driven, if you have a valid license, types of safety features, and whether you are single or married. That rating data is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Chandler, AZ. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Chandler, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Exclusive and independent insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Chandler.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Chandler who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you should always compare quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are Chandler independent insurance agencies who may provide pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does their agency support local causes in Chandler?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your XLR from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your XLR to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like doctor visits, surgery, X-ray expenses, dental work and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Cadillac XLR.
Since many Arizona drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverages – This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, medical expenses, loss of income and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Cheaper car insurance in Chandler can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Cadillac XLR insurance prices online in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in these articles:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)