It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who compare rates at least once a year will probably switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on Chevy Sonic insurance in Chandler is why you’re here, then understanding the best way to compare auto insurance can save time and money.
The recommended way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Chandler is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Arizona.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Best Chevy Sonic insurance rates in Arizona
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Chandler, AZ. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Chandler, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Sonic insurance in Chandler?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Chandler can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Chandler car insurance with certain companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- New Car Discount – Putting coverage on a new Sonic can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, driver training, and youthful driver.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA discounts include good student, multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, good student, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, driver training, federal employee, defensive driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good student.
If you need affordable Chandler car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- How do annual miles impact costs? – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Sonic is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating properly reflects the right rating data.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a broken windshield, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Your address can impact price – Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Costs go up with performance – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Even one moving violation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Liability insurance is critical – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are responsible for an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Chevy Sonic insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims to help calculate premium prices. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Chevrolet Sonic Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Sonic 104 132 91 167 189 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Chandler insurance agencies and car insurance
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Chandler.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Chandler car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Chandler are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Chandler who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Taylor Insurance Agency
920 W Chandler Blvd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 264-6226 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
1200 N Arizona Ave #3 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 782-9202 – View Map
- 1st Choice Insurance
2500 N Alma School Rd – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 855-7000 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Chandler exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Joe Kennedy
2330 N Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 526-8277 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jim Kaup
565 W Chandler Blvd Ste 218 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 821-2763 – View Map
- Tammy White – State Farm Insurance Agent
610 N Alma School Rd #22 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 963-7007 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is there a local claims center in Chandler?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If they are an independent agency in Chandler, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chandler?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Upon getting good feedback to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance.
Chandler car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Chandler. The rank data listed below can help you select which insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to find cheaper Chevy Sonic insurance in Chandler. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Low-cost Chevy Sonic insurance in Chandler can be bought both online and with local Chandler insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be read below: