Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Arizona consumers can cut their rates by about 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Chandler is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Arizona. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Cheap car insurance in Chandler, AZ
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Arizona. If you want to find the best car insurance in AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chandler auto insurance discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Chandler car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, defensive driver, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, federal employee, and air bags.
- Travelers has savings for early quote, continuous insurance, good student, save driver, and multi-car.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include pay in full, teen driver, business and professional, good student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance may include discounts for Pac-12 alumni, good student, online shopper, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and online quote.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, student away at school, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good driver, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in Chandler.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare prices but buy from a local Chandler insurance agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Chandler should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chandler?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Chandler auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you would like to find local Chandler agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jim Kaup
565 W Chandler Blvd Ste 218 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 821-2763 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jason Thorpe
3107 S Gilbert Rd #109 – Gilbert, AZ 85295 – (480) 732-9696 – View Map
- Steve Haase – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 N Chippewa Pl – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 963-0261 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Below are Chandler independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- San Marcos Insurance Group
584 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 899-6633 – View Map
- Foothills Insurance Agency
2490 S Gilbert Rd #105 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 759-1970 – View Map
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
333 N Dobson Rd #160 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 525-8846 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Crossfire caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like rolling your car, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Crossfire in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like dental work, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/10 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, structural damage, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, hail damage, fire damage, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Chandler can be purchased online and from local agencies, so get free Chandler car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)