How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest Dodge Nitro insurance in Chandler? When trying to find lower-priced insurance, are you baffled by the sheer number of insurance companies in Chandler? Many other drivers are too. Arizona vehicle owners have such a large number of options that it can really be a burden to find the best insurance rates for Dodge Nitro insurance in Chandler. Chandler has lots to offer, but paying high insurance rates makes it very hard to afford good insurance coverage.
How to find affordable Dodge Nitro insurance in Chandler
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Chandler is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in Arizona. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and poor credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Nitro coverage is available in Chandler. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will presumably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to find and compare cheaper coverage can make shopping around easier.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage before your policy renews because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rates on Dodge Nitro insurance in Chandler a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Nitro insurance online, but we’re going to give you some of the best ways to lower your insurance rates in Chandler.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Chandler auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Chandler auto insurance online.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Nitro annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view insurance companies with discount rates in Arizona, follow this link.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Dodge Nitro insurance in Chandler takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information like driver ages, if the vehicle is leased, any included safety features, and whether you have decent credit. Your rating data is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To check rates for your Dodge Nitro now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Chandler.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics for a Dodge Nitro
The coverage information shown next covers estimates of insurance policy prices for Dodge Nitro models. Being able to understand how insurance policy premiums are established can be of help when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$114||$186||$348||$20||$104||$772||$64|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$114||$186||$348||$20||$104||$772||$64|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$130||$186||$348||$20||$104||$788||$66|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$130||$186||$348||$20||$104||$788||$66|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$130||$186||$348||$20||$104||$788||$66|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$130||$226||$348||$20||$104||$828||$69|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$130||$226||$348||$20||$104||$828||$69|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$130||$226||$348||$20||$104||$828||$69|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$130||$226||$348||$20||$104||$828||$69|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$148||$226||$348||$20||$104||$846||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence price quotes substantially.
Higher deductibles lower rates
One common question asked by Chandler drivers is which deductible level should you buy. The following insurance rates illustrate how much more you’ll pay between low and high deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 comprehensive and collision deductible and the second price chart uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$202||$320||$338||$20||$102||$1,007||$84|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$202||$320||$338||$20||$102||$1,007||$84|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$232||$320||$338||$20||$102||$1,037||$86|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$232||$320||$338||$20||$102||$1,037||$86|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$232||$320||$338||$20||$102||$1,037||$86|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$232||$390||$338||$20||$102||$1,107||$92|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$232||$390||$338||$20||$102||$1,107||$92|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$232||$390||$338||$20||$102||$1,107||$92|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$232||$390||$338||$20||$102||$1,107||$92|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$262||$390||$338||$20||$102||$1,137||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$164||$258||$338||$20||$102||$882||$74|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$164||$258||$338||$20||$102||$882||$74|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$188||$258||$338||$20||$102||$906||$76|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$188||$258||$338||$20||$102||$906||$76|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$188||$258||$338||$20||$102||$906||$76|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$188||$314||$338||$20||$102||$962||$80|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$188||$314||$338||$20||$102||$962||$80|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$188||$314||$338||$20||$102||$962||$80|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$188||$314||$338||$20||$102||$962||$80|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$212||$314||$338||$20||$102||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can modify coverage prices greatly.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $250 deductible will cost you about $11 more each month or $132 annually averaged for all Nitro models than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $250 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you usually have at least 23 months between claims, you would save more money if you choose the higher deductible. Below is the way we made this calculation.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$89|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $78|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$11|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $11|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||23 months|
One important issue to know is that raising deductibles to save money means you will have to pay more of your own money when you have to file a claim. You must have enough money put aside in the event you have to pay the deductible for vehicle repair.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Dodge Nitro yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Nitro insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no specific rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Nitro claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Chandler
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Better drivers pay lower rates – Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Dodge Nitro insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Married people drive safer – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Combine and save – Most larger insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your Nitro can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Save money by having excellent credit – Having a good credit history will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Nitro by improving your credit score. People with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Chandler?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you’re trying to find a local Chandler insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the brand rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Chandler who may provide you with price quotes.
- Steve Haase – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 N Chippewa Pl – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 963-0261 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Robert Gallego
3175 S Price Rd Ste 142 – Chandler, AZ 85248 – (480) 820-0808 – View Map
- Bill Quigley – State Farm Insurance Agent
825 West Warner Road – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 899-7878 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Chandler willing to provide price quote information.
- Southwind Ins Agency, Inc.
2169 E Warner Rd Suite 103 – Tempe, AZ 85284 – (480) 543-1797 – View Map
- Sunvalley Insurance (Agency)
4960 S Gilbert Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 626-7218 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance Chandler
2040 S Alma School Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 822-7100 – View Map
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Nitro insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Dodge Nitro, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Dodge Nitro but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
The cheapest Dodge Nitro insurance in Chandler is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Chandler agents, so you need to quote Chandler auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
When getting Chandler auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find more affordable Dodge Nitro insurance in Chandler
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Dodge Nitro insurance in Chandler is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and bad credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Chandler. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Business Use in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)