It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will probably switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for insurance can save time and make the process easier.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Chandler is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Arizona.
First, try to comprehend how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
These tips will help educate you on how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to find better prices using these methods. But Arizona car owners must understand how companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Many insurance companies provide insurance quotes on their websites. Getting Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices online is fairly simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, their rating system pulls your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Being able to quote online for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Chandler makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find affordable prices.
To find out if lower rates are available, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you are getting rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Chandler, AZ. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information shown below showcases different coverage costs for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Being aware of how insurance rates are figured can benefit drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$198||$368||$362||$22||$108||$1,058||$88|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$226||$368||$362||$22||$108||$1,086||$91|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$226||$368||$362||$22||$108||$1,086||$91|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$256||$448||$362||$22||$108||$1,196||$100|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$256||$448||$362||$22||$108||$1,196||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase premiums greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Ford Explorer Sport Trac yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Reckless driving habits raise Chandler car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can influence Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates: Men versus women
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited.
- Paperwork-free – A few car insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chandler car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few companies that have most of these discounts include:
When getting free Chandler car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available everywhere. To locate insurers with significant discounts in Chandler, click here.
Three good reasons to insure your Explorer Sport Trac
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Arizona?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agents is still important in Chandler.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Chandler that provide free Chandler car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long has their agency been open in Chandler?
- Does their agency support local causes in Chandler?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?