The best way to get more affordable Jeep Compass insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Chandler.
- Try to understand how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Compass coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s hard to believe, but almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Chandler can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they switched.
How to compare free Chandler Jeep Compass insurance rate quotes
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Arizona. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in AZ, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance statistics and figures
The table shown below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Jeep Compass models. Having a good grasp of how rate quotes are determined is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$96||$168||$282||$16||$84||$646||$54|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$110||$204||$282||$16||$84||$696||$58|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$110||$204||$282||$16||$84||$696||$58|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$110||$204||$282||$16||$84||$696||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in your specific Chandler location which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Jeep Compass annual premium costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of speeding/accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Jeep Compass insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Chandler, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jeep with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for these ten discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when getting a Chandler car insurance quote.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help lower your premiums.
The example below shows the comparison of Jeep Compass auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, pay in full, distant student, early shopping, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, multiple policy, good driver, safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new graduate, multi-car, new move discount, newly retired, and teen driver discount.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Chandler car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in Chandler. To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Chandler, follow this link.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Chandler.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Chandler that can give you free Chandler car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around because prices are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chandler?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Jeep Compass to commute?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages for a Jeep Compass
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Jeep Compass.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10 in Arizona), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, nursing services, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your Compass from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Compass to save money on collision insurance.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Jeep Compass insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper Jeep Compass insurance in Chandler is possible from both online companies and with local Chandler insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)