It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that people who compared prices once a year saved about $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Chandler is your goal, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Lincoln MKC insurance in Chandler is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Arizona.
- Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides the details to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Chandler. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
How to get Chandler Lincoln MKC insurance quotes
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap auto insurance in AZ, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
These discounts can reduce Lincoln MKC insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Chandler and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Chandler, click here to view.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln MKC in Chandler, buying auto insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. A good agent in Chandler will have answers to these questions.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Is there a local claims center in Chandler?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you want a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Chandler agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive agents in Chandler that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Tom Sisouvanh
3170 S Gilbert Rd #5 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 409-1515 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Larry Little
2420 W Ray Rd #2 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 966-9449 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Delia Aguirre
813 W Elliot Rd #6 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 491-3232 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to contact independent agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chandler that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance Chandler
2040 S Alma School Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 822-7100 – View Map
- Foothills Insurance Agency
2490 S Gilbert Rd #105 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 759-1970 – View Map
- Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map