It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Chandler.
First, read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on CX-5 insurance in Chandler. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who perform rate comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to quote and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
When shopping for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Chandler there are multiple ways to get quotes from many car insurance companies in Arizona. The easiest way by far to do a complete rate comparison is to get quotes online. When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates helps you find the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Chandler CX-5 insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in AZ, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Affordable Chandler car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Chandler may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Online Discount – Many companies give back up to $50 get Chandler auto insurance over the internet.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance rates in Chandler.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and multi-policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, TimeAway discount, accident-free, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, business and professional, good student, teen driver, mature driver, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, multiple vehicles, paid in full, student away at school, teen driver, safe driver, and mature driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, drive less, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Chandler. To find insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Arizona, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Chandler who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Below are Chandler insurance companies that may be willing to give rate quotes for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Chandler.
- San Marcos Insurance Group
584 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 899-6633 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Michael Van Oostendorp
4025 W Chandler Blvd #4 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 899-0898 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Joe Baselice
5355 W Chandler Blvd #8 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 940-0909 – View Map
- Sunvalley Insurance (Agency)
4960 S Gilbert Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 626-7218 – View Map
After you get satisfactory answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an provider that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you can cancel coverage for any reason so don’t think you are locked into the insurance policy indefinitely.
Three reasons to insure your Mazda vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda CX-5 insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mazda, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like dental work, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your CX-5 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your CX-5 to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and theft. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, medical services, court costs, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Ratings for Chandler auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Chandler. The information shown next can help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Mazda CX-5 insurance prices online in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
As you quote Chandler auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)