If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Pontiac G6 insurance in Chandler is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Arizona. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
First, try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper G6 coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who do rate comparisons are highly likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved over $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Chandler is your ultimate objective, then knowing the best way to compare coverages can make shopping around easier.
What Impacts Pontiac G6 Insurance Premiums?
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Raising deductibles lowers rates – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Pontiac. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car or truck you drive makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Pontiac G6 insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Job stress can make you pay more – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as military generals, executives, and accountants are shown to have higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as professors, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Pontiac G6 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Pontiac G6 insurance in Chandler is to know the trick almost all companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as driver ages, whether you are single or married, if the vehicle is leased, and your credit rating estimate. Your information gets transmitted to multiple companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Chandler, AZ, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium table shown next showcases a range of insurance prices for Pontiac G6 models. Having a good understanding how insurance premiums are figured can help customers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$240||$314||$18||$94||$790||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific Chandler garaging location which can impact rates substantially.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders impact Pontiac G6 premium costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates based on gender in Chandler
The chart below compares Pontiac G6 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below shows the difference between Pontiac G6 insurance prices with and without full coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula of when to phase out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Pontiac G6 replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac G6 insurance, insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects both your Pontiac G6 and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your G6 greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total G6 insurance premium.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Pontiac G6 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arizona, click this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Chandler.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance rates, you should always compare prices from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map
These agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Chandler that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Chandler should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is there a local claims center in Chandler?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
When you buy Chandler auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered many ways to lower your Pontiac G6 insurance prices in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Chandler auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)