Would you like an easy way to compare the cheapest auto insurance rates in Chandler, AZ? Chandler consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used Toyota and locate the best price possible.
You should take the time to do price comparisons periodically since rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best rate on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Chandler two years ago you may be paying too much now. You’ll find a ton of advice on FJ Cruiser insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to save money.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Our goal in writing this article instruct you on the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and some money-saving tips. Drivers just have to learn the fastest way to compare rates online.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Arizona. If you want the best car insurance in Arizona, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Chandler auto insurance quotes
Some companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Chandler. To view providers with discount rates in Arizona, click here to view.
Facts and figures for Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance
The table shown next highlights a range of insurance rates for Toyota FJ Cruiser models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$194||$238||$308||$18||$92||$850||$71|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$216||$238||$308||$18||$92||$872||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Chandler location which can alter auto insurance rates significantly.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can raise Toyota FJ Cruiser car insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost of full coverage in Chandler
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota FJ Cruiser auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota FJ Cruiser settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Chandler.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Chandler who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The different types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Chandler are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
333 N Dobson Rd #160 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 525-8846 – View Map
- San Marcos Insurance Group
584 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 899-6633 – View Map
- Taylor Insurance Agency
920 W Chandler Blvd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 264-6226 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Chandler exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Jason Earl – State Farm Insurance Agent
3120 S Gilbert Rd #4 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 895-2040 – View Map
- State Farm: Tara Poaletti
300 N Gila Springs Blvd #150 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 659-5263 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joe Kittelson
1351 N Alma School Rd Ste 160 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 545-8877 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Chandler?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chandler?
What Affects Toyota FJ Cruiser Insurance Costs?
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better insurance rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Where you call home factors in – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. City drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people means fewer accidents.
- Liability insurance is important – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Getting married can lower premiums – Getting married may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Toyota. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, hitting a deer, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most major insurance companies afford lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Do you have a high stress vocation? – Occupational choices like military personnel, police officers, and medical professionals usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like scientists, students and performers get better rates.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut insurance rates – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota FJ Cruiser in Chandler, insuring your vehicle is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How to find a good Arizona auto insurance company
Selecting a high-quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Arizona. The company ratings below may help you analyze which coverage providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Persistence pays off
Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Chandler can be found on the web and with local Chandler insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to find cheap Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Chandler car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Chandler car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company.
How to find more affordable Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Chandler
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Chandler is to annually compare prices from insurers in Arizona. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)