It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will presumably switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $72 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Chandler is your objective, then learning about how to find and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
The preferred way to save on car insurance rates in Chandler is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Arizona. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a bad credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more details to find cheap prices and find hidden discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Arizona. To get the best car insurance in Chandler, AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Volkswagen Passat insurance coverage information
The rate information below highlights a range of prices for Volkswagen Passat models. Learning how insurance prices are established can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$282||$538||$260||$16||$78||$1,174||$98|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
Insurance rates and discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below compares Volkswagen Passat annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Chandler, click here.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Arizona
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Passat in Chandler, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Chandler.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
When searching for a local Chandler insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they function. Insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Chandler who may provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Chandler exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they full-time agents?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?