The words “low-priced” and “insurance” probably shouldn’t be used in the same sentence, specifically when looking for the best coverage prices for drivers with accidents. Because it’s not cheap, let’s start the ball rolling by going over a few of the factors that can significantly affect car insurance prices, and find a few ways to shave a little off the next policy you buy.
Finding decent, cost effective insurance is hard enough, and figuring out which insurers offer the cheapest car insurance rates for drivers with accidents may require even more rate comparisons. Each insurance company has their own formula to establish rates, so we’ll take a look at the most affordable car insurance companies in Chandler, AZ.
Keep in mind that Chandler, AZ car insurance rates are based on many factors that control the policy premium. Improving your financial situation, buying a higher-value vehicle, or having a fender bender may cause policy rate changes resulting in some rates now being more affordable than before.
Best Car Insurance Prices for Accident Prone Drivers
|Rank||Company||Cost Per Year|
|11||Farm Bureau Mutual||$1,297|
|View More Rates Go|
The Hartford generally has some of the most affordable car insurance rates in Chandler at around $811 per year. This is $617 less than the average policy premium paid by Arizona drivers of $1,428. Auto-Owners, Safeco, USAA, and Travelers also rank well as some of the cheaper Chandler, AZ insurance companies.
As shown in the rates above, if you currently have a policy with Travelers and switched to Auto-Owners, you might see yearly savings of about $231. Drivers with GEICO may save as much as $254 a year, and Progressive insureds might cut rates by $276 a year.
To find the cheapest coverage for you, click here to begin a quote or click through to the companies below.
Be aware that those estimates are averaged across all types of insureds and vehicles and do not take into consideration an exact vehicle garaging location for drivers with accidents. So the car insurance company that is best suited for you may not even be in the list above. That helps illustrate why you need to compare as many prices as possible using your own personalized driver profile and vehicle information.
For drivers with at-fault accidents, one of the big considerations that are looked at to determine the price you pay for insurance is your address in Chandler. Areas with a lot of weather claims or more people likely pay more, whereas areas with less congestion profit from lower rates.
The illustration below lists the most expensive places in Arizona for drivers with accidents to purchase auto insurance in. Chandler ranks #15 with an annual premium of $1,082 for the average insured, which is approximately $90 monthly.
|Rank||City||Average Per Year|
|6||San Tan Valley||$1,150|
|24||Lake Havasu City||$870|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Premium costs are comparative as the vehicle garaging location can revise premiums significantly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The common sense way to receive good car insurance prices for drivers with at-fault accidents is to be a safe driver and avoid accidents and traffic citations. The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
In the previous chart, the average cost of car insurance in Arizona per year with a clean driving record and no accidents is $1,426. Factor in two speeding tickets and the average cost jumps to $1,959, an increase of $533 each year. Next add one accident along with the two speeding tickets and the annual cost of car insurance for drivers with accidents jumps again to an average of $2,510. That’s an increase of $1,084, or $90 per month, just for being a careless driver!
Discount Chandler car insurance
Insurers that provide coverage for drivers with accidents may also give you special discounts that can lower rates by as much as 25% or more if you are eligible to receive them. A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, early shopping, teen driver, good student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, company car, mature driver, paid in full, and group or association.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, driver training, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- USAA discounts include family discount, military installation, good student, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and new vehicle.
The chart below illustrates the difference between yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations and two at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The lower bar shows the rates with passive restraint, marriage, multiple vehicle, continuous coverage, anti-theft, and paperless filing discounts applied. When drivers qualify for the discounts, the average savings per year on car insurance for drivers with accidents is 28% or $927.
How to find more affordable insurance for drivers with accidents
Below you’ll find some of the better penny-pinching ideas that can help drivers buy cheaper coverage.
- Avoid having at-fault accidents
- Save money by insuring your home and auto with the same company
- Earn discounts for being claim-free
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Buy a safer vehicle
- Do not insure for full coverage
- Compare quotes from other companies often
That last tip is particularly significant, as was stressed in this write-up. Insurance prices can change in a short period of time, so don’t be hesitant to buy a policy from a new company if a better deal can be had. Having a favorite company is great, but it’s not recommended if it’s costing you lots of money. Spend a few minutes and compare rates to find cheaper insurance for drivers with accidents in Chandler.