Statistics show that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Drivers in Chandler could save as much as $700 every year, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Chandler is to compare prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Arizona.
First, gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of these five discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – A few companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current Stratus insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Chandler auto insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their company to spy on driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Stratus can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, driver training, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-policy, newly married, safety features, exclusive group savings, new graduate, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, company car, multiple vehicles, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, group or association, and student away at school.
- GEICO discounts include good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
Check with each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with significant discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Stratus in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, a broken windshield, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/10 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as surgery, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop around and save
Affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Chandler can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, so get free Chandler auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When you buy Chandler auto insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)