Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop for lower rates are highly likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for Fiat 500 insurance is why you’re here, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare coverages can save money and time.
How to find affordable quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Chandler
Really, the only way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Chandler. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Make sure you put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
How You Can Control Fiat 500 Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The items below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Insurance companies in Arizona give the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Fiat from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Job and insurance premiums – Occupations like military generals, architects, and stock brokers generally pay higher average rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as professors, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Traffic violations hurt – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers with license-revoking citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Long commutes cost more – The more you drive your Fiat annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your vehicle rating reflects annual mileage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your 500 may be wasting your money.
- Always keep your auto insurance policy in force – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Loss statistics for a Fiat 500 – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate premium prices. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Fiat 500 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When looking for low cost Chandler car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Arizona. The quickest method to find cheaper rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to spend time driving to and from local Chandler insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance of a local Chandler agent. It is possible with some companies get prices online but buy the policy through an agent. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Chandler, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Chandler, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Fiat with a loan, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Fiat at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your 500 are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Chandler is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper Fiat 500 insurance rates in Chandler
Some companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose providers who offer free Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Chandler, click here to view.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Chandler that can give you free Chandler car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Chandler may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Chandler exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Farmers Insurance: John D Donadio Insurance Agency
1727 N Arizona Ave #9 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 382-1570 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler who can help you get rate quotes.
Sunvalley Insurance (Agency)
4960 S Gilbert Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 626-7218 – View Map
Chandler auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the highest-rated company is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Chandler. The rank data in the next section may help you analyze which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in Chandler can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
When you buy Chandler car insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
How to buy cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in Chandler
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Fiat 500 insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Chandler.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper 500 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much is Chandler Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)