How long has it been since the last time you looked for lower-priced Kia Optima insurance in Chandler? Having to pay for high-priced car insurance in Chandler can diminish your budget and require stricter spending habits.
Unbelievable but true, most consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Chandler could save themselves about 50% a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Steps to saving on Kia Optima insurance in Chandler
Truthfully, the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Chandler is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies that insure vehicles in Arizona. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional tips to get cheaper rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Optima insurance in Chandler. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
With consumers having so many choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a Kia Optima in Chandler, it can be hard to choose the right insurer.
Smart consumers take time to check car insurance prices yearly because insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best premium rates on Kia Optima insurance in Chandler two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Optima insurance online, but I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to reduce your car insurance bill.
Comparing rates for the best-priced coverage in Chandler is easy to do. Nearly every vehicle owner who comparison shops for car insurance will more than likely get better rates. Nevertheless, Arizona car owners can benefit from knowing how companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
How do Insurers Determine Kia Optima Insurance Costs?
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Rates increase with driving citations – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Having a single driving citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with dangerous citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims influence Kia Optima auto insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Never let your coverage expire – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Get better rates if married – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Don’t buy add-on coverages that may not be needed – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying insurance. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Women tend to cost less – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women have fender benders at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Kia Optima insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
What are good liability protection limits? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet reflects the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your Optima may be wasting your money.
Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Arizona award cheaper rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Kia Optima insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Kia Optima vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding Kia Optima insurance in Chandler, AZ
All major car insurance companies provide coverage prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Kia Optima insurance in Chandler is easy for anyone as you simply enter your coverage preferences on the page. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system collects credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. Getting online quotes for Kia Optima insurance in Chandler makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find affordable rates.
To compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Chandler, AZ. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Chandler, AZ, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Kia Optima coverage analysis
The coverage table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance costs for Kia Optima models. Being able to understand how insurance rates are established can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Kia Optima annual premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Chandler, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Kia and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Chandler auto insurance rates
Companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chandler auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Optima insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Optima car insurance rates with and without discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, air bags, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include good student, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, save driver, payment discounts, and new car.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, federal employee, good student, membership and employees, anti-theft, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
When getting free Chandler auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state. To see auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Chandler, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Chandler insurance agency
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chandler.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find local Chandler agents, there are two different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Chandler are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Chandler that may be able to give comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Chandler exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
How to find a good Chandler car insurance company
Picking a high-quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Chandler. The company information in the lists below may help you pick which car insurance providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
We just covered many ways to find lower-cost Kia Optima insurance in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. They often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced Kia Optima insurance in Chandler is definitely available online and with local Chandler insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
How to quote cheaper Kia Optima insurance in Chandler
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Kia Optima insurance in Chandler is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Arizona. This can be done by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)