If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in Chandler is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $860 a year compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your goal, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Learn How to Find Insurance Cheaper
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Save mileage and save money – The more you drive your Kia in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Verify your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect rating for your Sorento may be wasting your money.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- High performance equals high premiums – The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft.
- Bundle and save – Most insurance companies provide a discount to customers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Age of drivers – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers have been known to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Lower premiums for safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia Sorento is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Loss statistics for a Kia Sorento – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Kia Sorento Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get price estimates direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Kia Sorento insurance in Chandler is very simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system gets your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors. Getting online quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in Chandler makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a lower rate.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. To find the best auto insurance in AZ, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Three good reasons to insure your Sorento
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Sorento in Chandler, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rates every year to save money.
Discounts for cheap car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Chandler Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chandler auto insurance quote.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Sorento can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, good student, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, federal employee, military active duty, and air bags.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, anti-theft, safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, and multiple policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Chandler. If you would like to view car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Chandler, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Chandler.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to companies in Chandler that provide free Chandler auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Chandler auto insurance agents
When looking for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Chandler are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler that can give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chandler that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Chandler, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Kia Sorento insurance in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More information can be found at these links:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)