If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Chandler is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper SS coverage is available in Chandler. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders in Arizona have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers can save 47% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes.
To find affordable Chevrolet SS insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from many available auto insurance companies in Arizona. One of the best ways to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison. Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps you find lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Chandler, AZ. To locate cheaper car insurance in Chandler, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your SS, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Determine discounts on Chandler insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current SS insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Chandler car insurance online.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor driving manner remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper SS insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, multiple policy, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, newly retired, multi-car, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arizona, click here to view.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.