It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Chandler is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
- Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and poor credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more ideas to help keep prices low and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch companies because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved over $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Chandler is why you’re here, then understanding how to compare coverage rates can save time and make the process easier.
Don’t overlook these nine Chevy Bolt EV insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current Bolt EV insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Chandler auto insurance quotes online.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Chandler can get you a discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, good student, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, safe vehicle, multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance has savings for online shopper, Switch & Save, multi-policy, multi-car, online quote, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- AAA discounts include good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting free Chandler auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply in Chandler. To see a list of companies who offer cheap Chevy Bolt EV insurance quotes in Chandler, click this link.
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as EMT expenses, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Bolt EV.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
This covers damage to your Bolt EV from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Bolt EV to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, bail bonds, funeral expenses and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
You just read quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Bolt EV insurance prices online in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Chandler is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Chandler, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)