Astonishing but true, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. U.S. consumers can save about $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Chandler is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Arizona.
- Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding and a substandard credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use these tips to get lower rates without reducing protection. Locating the best protection in Chandler is not that difficult. Comparison shoppers just have to use the most efficient way to shop from many different companies.
Low Cost car insurance in Chandler, AZ
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Chandler, AZ. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Chandler, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
The rate table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Chevy Silverado models. Learning more about how insurance rates are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$142||$202||$444||$26||$132||$946||$79|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$142||$202||$392||$24||$118||$878||$73|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$164||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$164||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$164||$246||$392||$24||$118||$944||$79|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$164||$246||$392||$24||$118||$944||$79|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$164||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$164||$246||$444||$26||$132||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$184||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,076||$90|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$184||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,076||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$184||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,076||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$184||$290||$444||$26||$132||$1,076||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$184||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,052||$88|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$206||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,074||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in your specific Chandler location which can revise rates substantially.
How much more does full coverage cost in Chandler?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Chandler car insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Chandler can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, good driver, early bird, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, family plan, multi-policy, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include driver training, good student, theft prevention, air bags, 55 and older, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, pay in full, alternative fuel, business and professional, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including premier plus, new car, FullPay discount, 55 and retired, farm vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Chandler. To view companies with the best discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Chevy Silverado Insurance Rates Can Be Reduced
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Annual mileage and car insurance premiums – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy states the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Silverado can cost quite a bit.
Teen driver insurance premiums – Young drivers in Arizona are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a youthful driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Safer cars cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Silverado is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Careless drivers pay higher rates – Good drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have multiple tickets such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can affect Chevy Silverado auto insurance rates for each different age category. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Many insurers apply better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare other Chandler Silverado insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying from different companies
Remove unneeded incidental coverages – Policies have add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Car insurance liability coverage limits – The liability section of your policy will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Big city or small town – Residing in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Silverado – Companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium costs. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD||76||118||85||78||69||125|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD||60||76||72||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD||89||103||131||77||70||94|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD||96||105||116||57||57||87|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD||90||126||100||88||85||117|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD||84||98||89||60||60||88|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD||60||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD||66||97||66|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD||76||127||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD||88||114||97||45||42||82|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD||80||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD||79||105||83||37||43||75|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD||98||127||108||54||39||76|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD||129||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies near you
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Chandler.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Chandler who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from local Chandler agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Chandler may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Chandler that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Southwind Ins Agency, Inc.
2169 E Warner Rd Suite 103 – Tempe, AZ 85284 – (480) 543-1797 – View Map
- Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map
- J L Pound Insurance Agency
12139 E Cloud Rd – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (602) 284-2141 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chandler who can help you get rate quotes.
- Paula Koroso – State Farm Insurance Agent
569 N Arizona Ave – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 792-1400 – View Map
- State Farm: Grady Hansen
1807 E Queen Creek Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 883-7997 – View Map
- State Farm: Randy Eller
7050 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 961-4884 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
The cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Chandler is attainable online in addition to many Chandler insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Chandler. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chandler car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)