Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Arizona renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates.
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Chandler. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to keep prices down and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to put the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Finding and comparing cheaper coverage in Chandler is simple if you know the tricks. You just have to learn the most efficient way to compare insurance rates on the web.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Chandler, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Chrysler Aspen Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help calculate insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better insurance rates.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Gender is a factor – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Get better rates if married – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Alarm systems lowers prices – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft.
Consider raising deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
When to get professional advice
When selecting adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Arizona?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chrysler Aspen is worth?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Chrysler Aspen insurance in Chandler is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find affordable Chrysler Aspen insurance in Chandler. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Chandler auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund or even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)