We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who get price quotes annually are likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study discovered that people who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find discount Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Chandler. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a poor credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Shopping around for more affordable policy in Chandler is not as difficult as people think. If you already have coverage or just want to save money, use these tips to save money while maximizing coverage. Smart shoppers just have to know the best way to compare rates using one simple form.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact auto insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if you have a valid license, whether or not you need a SR-22, coverage limits, and if you went to college. That information is sent automatically to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
To check Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance prices now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Chandler, AZ. To find the best cheap car insurance in Chandler, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Chrysler PT Cruiser detailed coverage information
The rate table shown next outlines a range of policy rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Having insight into how rate quotes are determined can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$142||$254||$268||$16||$80||$760||$63|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$142||$254||$268||$16||$80||$760||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in Chandler location which can revise rates considerably.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below shows how violations and accident claims raise Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below compares Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chrysler PT Cruiser claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your PT Cruiser has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Chandler
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower insurance prices.
Safety first – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
Cheaper prices using theft deterrents – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent vehicle theft.
Frequent insurance claims increase premiums – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies in Arizona generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in less populated areas can save you money when buying insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Arizona?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Shop smart and save
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance premium rates in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Lower-priced Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Chandler can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Chandler, so you need to shop Chandler car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Chandler, Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for High School Students in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)