Looking for the cheapest Ford Explorer insurance in Chandler? Have you had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Ford every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in Arizona.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Most drivers in Arizona can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Drivers have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Ford Explorer insurance in Chandler.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Chandler is really quite easy. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Smart buyers just need to use the fastest way to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Where can I get low cost Chandler Ford Explorer insurance?
Getting a cheap price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is take time getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Ford Explorer rate quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to all the different Chandler insurance agencies. The internet eliminates this option unless you prefer the professional abilities of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Chandler, AZ. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Chandler, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper Ford Explorer insurance in Chandler with discounts
Some providers do not advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Chandler can get you a discount because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, good student, air bags, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-car, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, Switch & Save, renters, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Chandler. To see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Chandler, click here.
Ford Explorer detailed coverage information
The data table below highlights a range of insurance prices for Ford Explorer models. Being able to understand how rate quotes are determined can benefit drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$258||$394||$404||$24||$122||$1,202||$100|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$258||$394||$404||$24||$122||$1,202||$100|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$258||$394||$404||$24||$122||$1,202||$100|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$258||$394||$404||$24||$122||$1,202||$100|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$290||$480||$404||$24||$122||$1,320||$110|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$290||$480||$404||$24||$122||$1,320||$110|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$290||$480||$404||$24||$122||$1,320||$110|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$290||$480||$404||$24||$122||$1,320||$110|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$290||$480||$404||$24||$122||$1,320||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase coverage rates significantly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Ford Explorer annual premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Explorer insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below compares Ford Explorer insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Chandler that can give you free Chandler car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is there a local claims center in Chandler?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How are they compensated?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Chandler willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
The following are Chandler independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Sunvalley Insurance (Agency)
4960 S Gilbert Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 626-7218 – View Map
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford Explorer?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What is glass protection for?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Lower Your Chandler Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or your commute time.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Being located in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most major companies provide better rates for people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other Chandler Explorer insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Do you have a high stress employer? – Occupational choices like military generals, executives, and financial analysts generally pay higher average rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like professors, students and retirees pay the least.
Ford Explorer claim probability – Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data shows to have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford Explorer vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Explorer Vehicles Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Explorer 4dr 2WD 80 90 79 75 70 82 Ford Explorer 4dr 4WD 94 94 97 75 70 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Arizona
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Explorer insurance, insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
What is the best car insurance company in Chandler?
Picking the right car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company rank data below can help you choose which auto insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last note
When searching for inexpensive Chandler car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper Ford Explorer insurance in Chandler is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Chandler, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
How to find low-cost Ford Explorer insurance in Chandler
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Chandler is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Arizona. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and your credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Chandler. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)