The recommended way to get more affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Chandler is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Arizona. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional ideas to help prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Grand Cherokee coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Chandler is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
These techniques will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Smart buyers only have to learn the quickest way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Chandler is pretty easy as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their rating system orders your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Chandler makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to do this if you want to get lower-cost prices.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will receive rate quotes for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Chandler, AZ. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Jeep, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your Jeep Grand Cherokee and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Detailed insurance information
The information shown below highlights estimates of insurance costs for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Having insight into how policy rates are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$158||$302||$404||$24||$122||$1,010||$84|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$158||$302||$404||$24||$122||$1,010||$84|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$180||$356||$404||$24||$122||$1,086||$91|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$180||$356||$404||$24||$122||$1,086||$91|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$180||$356||$404||$24||$122||$1,086||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower rates significantly.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Chandler
The chart below shows the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no written rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Some companies do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, federal employee, good student, driver training, and military active duty.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good student, and multiple policy.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Chandler auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered everywhere. To choose insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Chandler, click here to view.