Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around once a year are very likely to switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who shopped around every year saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Chandler is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that sell auto insurance in Arizona. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Shopping around for affordable policy in Chandler is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, every car owner who compares rates for auto insurance stands a good chance to buy a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Arizona auto insurance companies. The best method to find competitive Lexus GS F insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to spend time driving to all the different Chandler insurance agencies. The internet reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the personal advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can comparison shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will increase your chances of finding the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Chandler, AZ. To find the cheapest car insurance in Chandler, AZ, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus GS F in Chandler, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus GS F with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Earn discounts on Chandler car insurance
Some providers do not list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow data collection to study when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chandler auto insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, and good driver.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for age of vehicle, annual mileage, type of vehicle, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Nationwide discounts include business or organization, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, family plan, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Lexus GS F rate quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurers with discount rates in Arizona, follow this link.