It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who compare rates annually are likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates regularly saved an average of $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Chandler is your intention, then knowing how to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
The best way to get more affordable Nissan 350Z insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Chandler. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and bad credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper 350Z coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Chandler is really quite easy. If you are insured now or want to find a cheaper company, you can learn to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the quickest method to shop for insurance from many different companies.
Companies offering Nissan 350Z insurance in Chandler
The following companies offer price quotes in Chandler, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Affordable Chandler insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every possible discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chandler car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Chandler attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current 350Z insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help lower your policy cost.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, teen driver, business and professional, mature driver, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, military active duty, federal employee, and driver training.
- Esurance may have discounts that include emergency road assistance, online quote, DriveSense, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and online shopper.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, drive less, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
Double check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply in every state. To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click here.
Insurance agents can help
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Chandler who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents can either be independent or exclusive. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Chandler that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Chandler independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Arizona Insurance Guys
3414 W Oakland St – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 331-6408 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Arizona?
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Arizona. The information listed below could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan 350Z.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
This pays for damage to your 350Z from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your 350Z in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
One last note
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced Nissan 350Z insurance in Chandler can be purchased online in addition to many Chandler insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on Nissan 350Z insurance in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teenagers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)