A recent survey discovered that most drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Chandler insurance shoppers could save roughly 50% every year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Really, the only way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Chandler is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Arizona.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional ideas to find cheap rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Chandler. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. Immediately place the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – Auto insurance companies in Arizona provide discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- High credit scores save money – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Grand Prix by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high prices – The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Big cities mean more claims – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Marriage discount – Getting married can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Grand Prix insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Sign Online – A handful of car insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some credits may not be offered in every state. To see a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Chandler, click this link.
How to find a good Arizona auto insurance company
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Chandler. The ranking data displayed below may help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
You can find cheap coverage
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Discount Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Chandler is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Chandler insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chandler Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Acadia in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)