The recommended way to get discount Pontiac GTO insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Chandler. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for the details to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding better rates. A survey found that consumers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on Pontiac GTO insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Arizona. In order to find the best auto insurance in Chandler, AZ, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Chandler auto insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Chandler car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- College Student – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Chandler without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Chandler Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies provide a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Chandler car insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good student, and multiple policy.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, renters, online quote, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, and good student.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, good student, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
If you want low cost Chandler car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Chandler, follow this link.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Pontiac. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your GTO are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Arizona?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Chandler.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Chandler who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Below are agents in Chandler that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Chandler.
- Arizona Insurance Guys
3414 W Oakland St – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 331-6408 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Alan Beyerle
1820 E Ray Rd a213 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 820-2797 – View Map
- 1st Choice Insurance
2500 N Alma School Rd – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 855-7000 – View Map
- Nationwide – Daniel McLean Kendree AGENCY
1005 S Arizona Ave – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 857-0056 – View Map
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- How will an accident affect your rates?