Are you trying to find the cheapest Toyota Matrix insurance in Chandler? Are you intimidated by the sheer number of insurance sources in Chandler? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many sources available that it can easily become a lot of work to find the perfect company for you. Chandler is the perfect city to reside in, but high insurance premiums makes it impossible to afford coverage.
A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of drivers in Arizona kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could save themselves almost 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates as often as possible because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best deal on Toyota Matrix insurance in Chandler six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. There is a lot of wrong information about Matrix insurance out there, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to save money.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps locate better pricing. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get prices from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Chandler, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Arizona
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota Matrix, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
The premium table below outlines a range of rate quotes for Toyota Matrix models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance policy rates are determined can help customers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Matrix S 2WD||$200||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,076||$90|
|Matrix S AWD||$200||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,076||$90|
|Matrix XRS 2WD||$200||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,076||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can alter premiums significantly.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Toyota Matrix yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Toyota Matrix insurance in Chandler
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- No Accidents – Chandler drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Matrix car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, accident-free, early bird, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, anti-theft, driver training, daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for driver training, homeowners, early bird, defensive driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
If you are trying to find cheaper Chandler auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in your state. To see companies who offer insurance discounts in Chandler, click here to view.
Don’t I need to have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Chandler who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Chandler agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Chandler exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Joe Kennedy
2330 N Alma School Rd Ste 126 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 526-8277 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Arturo Alatorre
600 W Ray Rd Ste D4 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 246-8479 – View Map
- State Farm: Bryan Ross
5960 S Cooper Rd #2 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 855-8555 – View Map
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you should always get rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Chandler who can help you get rate quotes.
- J L Pound Insurance Agency
12139 E Cloud Rd – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (602) 284-2141 – View Map
- Taylor Insurance Agency
920 W Chandler Blvd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 264-6226 – View Map
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
333 N Dobson Rd #160 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 525-8846 – View Map
How much car insurance do I need?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Matrix to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/10 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, funeral expenses, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, nursing services, prosthetic devices and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
When you buy Chandler auto insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount Toyota Matrix insurance in Chandler is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
How to find affordable Toyota Matrix insurance in Chandler
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on Toyota Matrix insurance in Chandler is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Arizona.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Chandler. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)