It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are inclined to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on insurance in Chandler is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Chandler. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
To find affordable Chevrolet Uplander insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from many available car insurance companies in Arizona. The easiest way to find the cheapest Chevy Uplander insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Chandler Uplander insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Chandler, AZ. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Chandler, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Chandler, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Chevy Uplander, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Uplander insurance in Chandler
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Chandler drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Uplander insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Chandler auto insurance quotes online.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, new car, continuous insurance, home ownership, payment discounts, good student, and early quote.
- 21st Century has discounts for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, teen driver, defensive driver, and homeowners.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, good student, good driver, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, air bags, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, drive less, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Chandler. To choose car insurance companies with discount rates in Arizona, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Chandler.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Chandler who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Chandler that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Parrish Insurance
1256 W Chandler Blvd # G – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 821-1005 – View Map
- Nationwide – Daniel McLean Kendree AGENCY
1005 S Arizona Ave – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 857-0056 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agent
5165 S Eileen Dr – Chandler, AZ 85248 – (480) 220-7233 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Chandler willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jason Thorpe
3107 S Gilbert Rd #109 – Gilbert, AZ 85295 – (480) 732-9696 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Brett Thomas
4040 S Arizona Ave #14 – Chandler, AZ 85248 – (480) 666-7996 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Lum
5055 W Ray Rd Ste 22 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 883-8798 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Chandler should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy Uplander?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Arizona?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Arizona auto insurance companies
Picking a good quality car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Chandler. The rank data listed below can help you choose which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
One last thing to lower rates
A few companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Chevy Uplander insurance in Chandler can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Chandler Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)