Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Arizona can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
The best way to get more affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Chandler.
- Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives instructions to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
The intent of this article is to instruct you on how insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using these tips. But Arizona drivers must learn the way companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
Slash rates with these eight discounts
Some providers do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Driver Safety – Passing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student in College – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may have these discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be available in every state. To locate auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Chandler, click here.
First Step: Get free Ford Fusion Energi insurance quotes
All major insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Chandler is fairly simple as you just enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to do this if you are searching for the cheapest price.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always remember that when buying a policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I rate my Ford Fusion Energi as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
What if I want to buy from local Chandler insurance agents?
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Chandler.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Chandler that can give you free Chandler car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Chandler may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you check rates from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are Chandler independent agents that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Sunvalley Insurance (Agency)
4960 S Gilbert Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 626-7218 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler that are able to give price quotes.
Farmers Insurance: John D Donadio Insurance Agency
1727 N Arizona Ave #9 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 382-1570 – View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Chandler, get answers to these questions.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Which family members are covered?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability auto insurance – This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 15/30/10 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Fusion Energi resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Fusion Energi to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and hail damage. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Fusion Energi.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for EMT expenses, ambulance fees, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote often and quote early
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to reduce Ford Fusion Energi insurance rates online in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Chandler is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is located on the following sites:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)