If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Chandler. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Inconceivable but true, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Arizona insurance shoppers could save roughly 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Chandler is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the tricks to get comparison quotes instantly.
Low cost Chandler Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance rate quotes
Getting cheaper auto insurance pricing can be quick and easy. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible compare the best prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Chandler, AZ. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Chandler, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Earn discounts on Chandler insurance
Some providers don’t always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Silhouette insurance in Chandler.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, good student, teen driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple autos, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, new vehicle discount, newly married, multi-car, new graduate, safety features, and hybrid vehicle.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Chandler.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Chandler.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Chandler that can give you free Chandler auto insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Chandler that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Arizona Insurance Guys
3414 W Oakland St – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 331-6408 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Chandler exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Deciding on a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Chandler?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that it’s your policy and you can cancel coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What if I total my Oldsmobile Silhouette and owe more than it’s worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Little extras can really add up – There are many extra coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Guys pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Women and men get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Certain employers pay higher prices – Jobs such as doctors, business owners, and stock brokers generally have the highest rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs like scientists, historians and retirees pay the least.
File auto insurance claims and pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Arizona award discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Oldsmobile Silhouette in Chandler, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Silhouette has a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Oldsmobile at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Oldsmobile Silhouette and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Arizona is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
You can find cheap coverage
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Chandler can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Chandler, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
Additional insurance information can be found at these links:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)