It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are very likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Chandler is your objective, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance in Chandler is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Arizona. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend car insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Entourage coverage is available in Chandler. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Chandler can be made easier if you know where to look. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies compete online.
There are several ways to get quotes from different companies. The best method to comparison shop is to get quotes online.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies helps locate lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get Chandler Entourage insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Arizona. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Chandler, AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Accidents – Chandler drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall bill.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, newly married, new graduate, safety features, multi-car, and good student.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Six factors that impact insurance rates
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Vocation stress can affect prices – Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and stock brokers tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like scientists, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurers allow better rates to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
- Big cities mean more claims – Living in less populated areas can save you money when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents. Drivers who live in large Arizona cities have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
- More performance means more cost – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Chandler who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does their agency support local causes in Chandler?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Chandler?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Chandler can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Scott Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
950 E Pecos Rd #2 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 782-0100 – View Map
- State Farm: Bryan Ross
5960 S Cooper Rd #2 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 855-8555 – View Map
- State Farm: Tara Poaletti
300 N Gila Springs Blvd #150 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 659-5263 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler who can help you get price quote information.
- Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map
- Breinholt Insurance Group, LLC
1600 W Chandler Blvd #150 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 237-2050 – View Map
- Taylor Insurance Agency
920 W Chandler Blvd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 264-6226 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to any questions you have and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What are good deductibles for a Hyundai Entourage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Ratings for Chandler auto insurance companies
Selecting a high-quality insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Arizona. The ranking data displayed below may help you choose which insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Cover all your bases
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap Hyundai Entourage insurance in Chandler can be bought on the web in addition to many Chandler insurance agents, so you need to quote Chandler car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Chandler. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More information can be read at these links:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)