Do you want to save money by finding more competitive Acura ILX insurance in Chandler? Nobody that owns a car fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Arizona could save an average of roughly $700 each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Steps to finding lower priced Acura ILX insurance in Chandler
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Chandler is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Arizona.
Step 1: Try to understand how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Because there are so many companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for an Acura ILX in Chandler, it is very difficult to find the cheapest auto insurance provider.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Acura ILX insurance in Chandler at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You can find a lot of information about ILX insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to find affordable auto insurance in Chandler.
Lowering your Acura ILX insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes to see which company has inexpensive Chandler car insurance quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to waste gas driving to different Chandler agent offices. Comparing Acura ILX insurance rates online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura ILX in Chandler, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura with a loan, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Acura but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Arizona overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to save money.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Acura ILX Insurance Premiums?
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Marriage is a bonus – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. Marriage is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
- Your job is a factor – Jobs such as judges, architects, and miners generally pay higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as actors, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Does insurance coverage cost less for women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- How your age affects rates – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Drivers with little experience have been known to get distracted easily when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Keep claims to a minimum – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Arizona award cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Vehicle risk impacts rates – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Acura ILX insurance loss data – Insurers analyze past claim statistics as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura ILX vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Acura ILX Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura ILX 96 94 83 112 111 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Chandler car insurance with select insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used ILX is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Chandler is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
Some companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Chandler.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare prices but still have a local Chandler insurance agency
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Chandler who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Chandler?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Chandler who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chandler that are able to give rate quotes.
Sunvalley Insurance (Agency)
4960 S Gilbert Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 626-7218 – View Map
Once you have received good answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
Quote. Compare. Save.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cost effective Acura ILX insurance can be found online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
How to find lower priced Acura ILX insurance in Chandler
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Acura ILX insurance in Chandler is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Arizona. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Make sure you put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)