Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Chandler could save nearly $733 a year, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
The easiest way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Chandler. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to get cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
When shopping for inexpensive Chandler car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from different Chandler insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find affordable Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. Just remember that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding better pricing. Some companies don’t provide online Chandler Silverado 2500HD insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Chandler, AZ, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Data for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance
The coverage table displayed next outlines a range of insurance prices for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Having a better idea how prices are formulated can aid in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$306||$18||$92||$856||$71|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$326||$346||$20||$104||$952||$79|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$306||$18||$92||$856||$71|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$174||$326||$306||$18||$92||$916||$76|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$174||$326||$346||$20||$104||$970||$81|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$174||$326||$346||$20||$104||$970||$81|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$174||$326||$346||$20||$104||$970||$81|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$174||$326||$306||$18||$92||$916||$76|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$174||$370||$346||$20||$104||$1,014||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase coverage rates greatly.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado 2500HD premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a written rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Silverado 2500HD replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though Chandler Silverado 2500HD insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy Silverado 2500HD. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Silverado 2500HD definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona overpays more than $800 each year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Your Silverado 2500HD Insurance Rates are Determined
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Rates can change based on your address – Having an address in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Youthful drivers pay high rates – Older drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of companies apply lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find lower rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
Your vocation is a factor – Jobs such as lawyers, police officers, and emergency personnel generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers such as actors, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Getting just one driving citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received multiple violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance prices for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Having a spouse can save on car insurance – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, policy cancellation or even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance premium rates in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)