A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Arizona could cut their rates by nearly 50% a year, but they don’t know the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Chandler.
- It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like distracted driving and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to find cheap rates and get additional discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Ram 3500 insurance in Chandler. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Our objective is to help educate you on how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Smart buyers only need to know the quickest method to shop online.
Low Cost companies for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance
The following companies provide price comparisons in Chandler, AZ. To get the best car insurance in Chandler, AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Dodge Ram 3500 coverage analysis
The rate table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are calculated is important for drivers to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$204||$332||$288||$18||$86||$928||$77|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$250||$390||$288||$18||$86||$1,032||$86|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$250||$450||$432||$26||$130||$1,288||$107|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$250||$450||$288||$18||$86||$1,092||$91|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$250||$450||$288||$18||$86||$1,092||$91|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$250||$510||$432||$26||$130||$1,348||$112|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$250||$510||$432||$26||$130||$1,348||$112|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$250||$510||$432||$26||$130||$1,348||$112|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$450||$288||$18||$86||$1,092||$91|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$450||$288||$18||$86||$1,092||$91|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$250||$510||$432||$26||$130||$1,348||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Chandler which can impact coverage prices substantially.
Insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can increase Dodge Ram 3500 car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Yearly insurance costs for men versus women
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram 3500 liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below compares Dodge Ram 3500 yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram 3500 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Chandler
Companies don’t always list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chandler car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Ram 3500 insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow data collection to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple autos, driver’s education, and good driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, military active duty, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for homeowners, early bird, 55 and older, defensive driver, student driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
If you want inexpensive Chandler car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered in your area. For a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Arizona, click this link.
Dodge Ram 3500 Insurance Cost Factors
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Credit rating impact auto insurance premiums – Having a good credit rating can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Ram 3500 by improving your rating.
- How much liability do you need? – Liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Being married brings a discount – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being less irresponsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most major auto insurance companies will give a discount for people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save money by buying from different companies
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Premiums may be lower depending on your employer – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers such as doctors, airline pilots, and financial analysts tend to have higher premium rates in part from job stress and long work days. Other jobs like scientists, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Dodge Ram 3500 rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up when buying auto insurance. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Local Chandler insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important particularly in Chandler.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a good Chandler insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Chandler can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Chandler that may be able to provide pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Chandler?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Once you have good feedback to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to service your policy.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Dodge Ram 3500 insurance prices in Chandler. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)