The best way to get low-cost Dodge Ram insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Chandler. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Sadly, the majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States can cut their rates by approximately 47% a year, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
This information will instruct you on how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. If you are insured now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. But Arizona car owners can benefit from knowing how companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
All major insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage prices direct online. This process is quite simple as you just enter your coverage preferences into the form. After you complete the form, the quote system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price.
Quoting online for Dodge Ram insurance in Chandler makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find the most affordable possible premiums on insurance.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate your coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The premium information below outlines different rate quotes for Dodge Ram models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$222||$376||$356||$22||$106||$1,082||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$250||$456||$356||$22||$106||$1,190||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$250||$456||$356||$22||$106||$1,190||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$250||$456||$356||$22||$106||$1,190||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$250||$456||$356||$22||$106||$1,190||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$250||$456||$356||$22||$106||$1,190||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$250||$456||$356||$22||$106||$1,190||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$250||$456||$356||$22||$106||$1,190||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$250||$456||$356||$22||$106||$1,190||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$278||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,300||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$278||$620||$356||$22||$106||$1,382||$115|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$278||$620||$356||$22||$106||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in Chandler location which can increase or decrease premiums significantly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Take advantage of these discounts on Dodge Ram insurance in Chandler
Some companies don’t always list every discount they offer very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for switching companies before your current Ram insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can earn cheaper prices.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Chandler car insurance quote compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance costs with and without discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see a list of companies with discount rates in Chandler, click here.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram in Chandler, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ram with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Arizona car insurance company
Finding a highly-rated car insurance company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Chandler. The company ratings below may help you pick which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Buying car insurance from Chandler insurance agents
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Chandler.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Chandler who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Chandler?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?