It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Chandler.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for information to get affordable coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Chandler. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who rate shop once a year are inclined to move their business because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Chandler is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Chandler can initially seem challenging. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Nevertheless, Arizona car owners need to learn the way insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
To find the best car insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from many different Arizona insurance companies. The fastest way to comparison shop is to get quotes online. Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give online Chandler C-Max Energi insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. To buy cheap auto insurance in Chandler, AZ, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford C-Max Energi insurance, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Do thieves like your car? – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Do you have enough liability? – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- What are your coverage deductibles? – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Ford from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Save by driving safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Ford C-Max Energi scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Continuous auto insurance coverage lowers prices – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you file a lot of claims you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Arizona provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chandler car insurance online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Driver Safety – Completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new C-Max Energi can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could qualify for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including homeowners, driver training, defensive driver, good student, 55 and older, and early bird.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide offers discounts including easy pay, defensive driving, business or organization, accident-free, family plan, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for paid-in-full, good driver, homeowner, multi-car, and online shopper.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Chandler. For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Chandler, click here to view.
Local agents and car insurance
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Chandler who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Chandler?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
When narrowing the list to find local Chandler agents, you should know the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Chandler can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chandler that are able to give price quote information.
- Farm Bureau Insurance
912 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 284-4223 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Michael Pinta Agency Inc.
5505 W Chandler Blvd Ste 19 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 785-1500 – View Map
- Steve Haase – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 N Chippewa Pl – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 963-0261 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler that can give you price quotes.
- San Marcos Insurance Group
584 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 899-6633 – View Map
- Southwind Ins Agency, Inc.
2169 E Warner Rd Suite 103 – Tempe, AZ 85284 – (480) 543-1797 – View Map
- Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map
A little work can save a LOT of money
We covered many ways to save on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Chandler. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chandler car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company.
While you’re price shopping online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, high prices, poor customer service or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Additional learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Chandler Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)