Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper insurance rates in Chandler, AZ? Chandler drivers have options when trying to find the lowest priced Honda CR-V insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Honda and get the lowest price either online or from Chandler insurance agents.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how car insurance works and some tips to save money. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most effective way to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Many insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Honda CR-V insurance in Chandler is pretty painless as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the quote system requests your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information.
The ability to get online quotes for Honda CR-V insurance in Chandler makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest payment.
To save time and compare rates now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Arizona. If you want cheaper car insurance in AZ, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Determine discounts on Chandler car insurance
Some insurers don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total CR-V insurance premium.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below compares Honda CR-V insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- AAA has discounts for good student, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, good student, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, professional/association, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, homeowner, alternative fuel, multi-car, distant student, youthful driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Chandler car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer cheap Honda CR-V insurance quotes in Chandler, click this link.
Facts and figures for Honda CR-V insurance
The information displayed next covers estimates of coverage prices for Honda CR-V models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are formulated can help customers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$194||$362||$332||$20||$100||$1,008||$84|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$194||$362||$332||$20||$100||$1,008||$84|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$194||$362||$332||$20||$100||$1,008||$84|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$222||$362||$332||$20||$100||$1,036||$86|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$222||$362||$332||$20||$100||$1,036||$86|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$222||$362||$332||$20||$100||$1,036||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Honda CR-V car insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda CR-V insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda CR-V replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine your insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in fines and jail time.
Gender and insurance coverage premiums – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below visualizes the comparison of Honda CR-V annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a significant other may save some money compared to being single. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Arizona generally give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart uses these variables: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Honda CR-V insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
Loss probability for a Honda CR-V – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda CR-V Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD 68 81 58 93 86 77 Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD 69 82 69 90 87 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Chandler.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Chandler who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long has the business existed?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Which is the best auto insurance?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Will my Honda CR-V be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Chandler can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Chandler, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
How to find affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Chandler
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Chandler.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Chandler. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Acadia in Chandler? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)