Regrettably, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Consumers in Arizona could save themselves approximately $733 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Chandler is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
- Step 1: Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Chandler. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Locating the best rates in Chandler can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about everyone who quotes insurance will more than likely be able to find lower rates. But Arizona vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes. When quoting insurance, remember that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Chandler, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Jeep Wrangler coverage analysis
The price information shown below showcases a range of insurance costs for Jeep Wrangler models. Knowing how auto insurance prices are established can help guide drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$224||$300||$300||$18||$90||$932||$78|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$224||$300||$374||$22||$112||$1,032||$86|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$224||$382||$300||$18||$90||$1,014||$85|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$258||$300||$374||$22||$112||$1,066||$89|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$258||$382||$300||$18||$90||$1,048||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$258||$300||$374||$22||$112||$1,066||$89|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$258||$300||$374||$22||$112||$1,066||$89|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$258||$382||$300||$18||$90||$1,048||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$258||$382||$374||$22||$112||$1,148||$96|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$292||$382||$374||$22||$112||$1,182||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify coverage prices greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Arizona. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Wrangler settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $400 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Wrangler insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
The information below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers with significant discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Chandler, maintaining insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep Wrangler has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing a policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local Chandler insurance agencies and auto insurance
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Chandler that provide free Chandler car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Best auto insurance agent in Chandler
If you want to use a good Chandler insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Lum
5055 W Ray Rd Ste 22 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 883-8798 – View Map
- State Farm: Tara Poaletti
300 N Gila Springs Blvd #150 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 659-5263 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Craig Lloyd
1801 W Queen Creek Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85248 – (480) 899-8549 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler who can help you get price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance Chandler
2040 S Alma School Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 822-7100 – View Map
- San Marcos Insurance Group
584 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 899-6633 – View Map
- Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map