It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Chandler is your target objective, knowing the best way to compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The most effective way to find cheaper Chevy Cobalt insurance in Chandler is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
The cheapest Chandler Chevy Cobalt insurance price quotes online
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap car insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Cobalt insurance in Chandler
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Cobalt yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, mature driver, business and professional, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO discounts include good student, driver training, federal employee, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and air bags.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, air bags, accident-free, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, easy pay, defensive driving, family plan, good student, accident-free, and business or organization.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
Check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Chandler. To view providers with significant discounts in Chandler, click here to view.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The price information shown below highlights estimates of policy rates for Chevy Cobalt models. Learning more about how premiums are determined can aid in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,216||$101|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,216||$101|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$538||$394||$24||$118||$1,296||$108|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$538||$394||$24||$118||$1,296||$108|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$538||$356||$22||$106||$1,244||$104|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$250||$538||$394||$24||$118||$1,324||$110|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$700||$394||$24||$118||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premium rates greatly.
Chevrolet Cobalt insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below compares Chevy Cobalt insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Cobalt claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
When to contact an agent
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Chandler.
By using this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Chandler who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How are they compensated?
- If they are an independent agency in Chandler, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Is my Chevy Cobalt covered for smoke damage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Cobalt resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Cobalt to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for doctor visits, dental work and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Cobalt.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Chandler. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Chandler car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Budget-conscious Chevy Cobalt insurance can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Chandler car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information is available at these links:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Chandler, Arizona? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)