We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who get price comparisons are inclined to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Chandler is your objective, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Truthfully, the best way to get discount Hyundai Veloster insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Chandler. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
How Insurers Calculate Hyundai Veloster Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are less irresponsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Accidents drive up costs – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Arizona award the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Bad credit will cost you – Credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Hyundai Veloster by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
- Cut prices and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft.
Hyundai Veloster insurance loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Veloster vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Hyundai Veloster Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Veloster 109 112 88 112 129 116 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 116 87 104 98 89 101BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Chandler, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Veloster in Chandler, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves both your Hyundai Veloster and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Take policy discounts and save on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Chandler
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in defensive driving may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, good student, teen driver discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, student away at school, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, mature driver, company car, multiple vehicles, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, multi-policy, driver training, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, homeowner, multi-car, and anti-theft.
Double check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Chandler. To find insurers with discount rates in Chandler, click here.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers still like to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chandler.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chandler who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Chandler can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Chandler that can give you free car insurance quotes.
- Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map
- Legacy Insurance and Investment Group LLC
633 E Ray Rd #106 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 968-3655 – View Map
- San Marcos Insurance Group
584 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 899-6633 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler that can give you price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Michael Pinta Agency Inc.
5505 W Chandler Blvd Ste 19 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 785-1500 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joe Kittelson
1351 N Alma School Rd Ste 160 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 545-8877 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Alan Beyerle
1820 E Ray Rd a213 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 820-2797 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing a policy, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Cheap Hyundai Veloster insurance in Chandler is possible both online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Chandler auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)