Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Chandler could save up to 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The most effective way to save money on auto insurance rates in Chandler is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Arizona. This can be done by following these steps.
First, read and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Affordable rates by applying these seven discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Chandler car insurance quote.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at driving manner remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will bring down your auto insurance premiums.
Companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, youthful driver, homeowner, mature driver, good student, distant student, and multi-car.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, group or association, safe vehicle, safe driver, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- USAA discounts include multi-policy, new vehicle, annual mileage, vehicle storage, and safe driver.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. To find companies with the best discounts in Chandler, click this link.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Chandler, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Chandler insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Chandler, get answers to these questions.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is coverage determined by price?
The difference between Chandler car insurance agents
When finding local Chandler agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Chandler that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Joe Baselice
5355 W Chandler Blvd #8 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 940-0909 – View Map
- Jason Earl – State Farm Insurance Agent
3120 S Gilbert Rd #4 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 895-2040 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: John D Donadio Insurance Agency
1727 N Arizona Ave #9 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 382-1570 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent insurance agents in Chandler who can help you get price quote information.
- Taylor Insurance Agency
920 W Chandler Blvd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 264-6226 – View Map
- Southwind Ins Agency, Inc.
2169 E Warner Rd Suite 103 – Tempe, AZ 85284 – (480) 543-1797 – View Map
- Sunvalley Insurance (Agency)
4960 S Gilbert Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 626-7218 – View Map
Chandler car insurance companies ranked
Finding the best company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company rank data displayed below may help you select which providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Montero Sport from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Montero Sport in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 15/30/10 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mitsubishi Montero Sport.
Since many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Cover all your bases
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost.
Lower-priced Mitsubishi Montero Sport insurance in Chandler is available online in addition to many Chandler insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)