Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in Arizona could save as much as $733 every year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The most effective way to get low-cost Nissan Juke insurance in Chandler is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Locating the best rates in Chandler can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Although Arizona vehicle owners do need to learn how companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
When quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. To locate cheap auto insurance in Chandler, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need Juke insurance in Arizona
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Juke in Chandler, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Nissan Juke but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Arizona overpays more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Get cheaper Nissan Juke insurance rates in Chandler
Companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Distant Student – Older children living away from Chandler attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Juke insurance premium.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Accident Free – Chandler drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as compared to bad drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will help lower the premium cost.
For a list of companies who offer discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Chandler who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Chandler?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Different types of car insurance agents in Chandler
If you are wanting to find local Chandler agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler that can give you rate quotes.
Farmers Insurance: John D Donadio Insurance Agency
1727 N Arizona Ave #9 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 382-1570 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chandler that can give you rate quotes.
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance.
Car insurance coverages for a Nissan Juke
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, theft and falling objects. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like hospital visits, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Juke resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible on your Juke to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan Juke.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10 in Arizona), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
How to find a good Chandler auto insurance company
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Arizona. The rank data in the lists below may help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You can find affordable coverage
We covered a lot of ways to compare Nissan Juke insurance prices in Chandler. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Chandler auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper Nissan Juke insurance in Chandler can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)