It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around are likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on auto insurance in Chandler is your objective, then understanding how to shop for insurance can make shopping around easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Chandler is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Arizona.
- First, take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for tips to help prevent high rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Chandler. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Chandler, AZ. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Chandler, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota Rav4 Hybrid in Chandler, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a lienholder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
What Determines Toyota Rav4 Hybrid Insurance Prices?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Shown below are most of the major factors that factor into your rate level.
Save miles driven and save money – The more you drive your Toyota each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy is rated on annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Rav4 Hybrid is throwing money out the window.
More policies can equal more savings – Most car insurance companies allow lower prices to buyers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other Chandler Rav4 Hybrid insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Higher deductibles reduce premiums – Physical damage deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Occupation impacts premiums – Careers such as lawyers, airline pilots, and medical professionals generally pay the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Too many policy claims and you’ll pay more – If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Arizona generally give the lowest premiums to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
Save a ton on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Chandler with these discounts
Some providers don’t list every possible discount very well, so we break down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Auto/Life Discount – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable companies to monitor driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including business and professional, good student, switch companies, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, anti-theft, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for group or association, good student, multiple vehicles, multi-policy, paid in full, and student away at school.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, and driver training.
- USAA offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, defensive driver, family discount, military installation, annual mileage, and safe driver.
When getting free Chandler car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in Chandler. To view insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Arizona, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is glass protection for?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local Chandler insurance agencies
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be pretty painless.
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Affordable Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Chandler can be sourced from both online companies and with local Chandler insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for High School Students in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Chandler? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)