If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Buick Regal insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Chandler.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Chandler is your ultimate target, learning how to get price quotes and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
How You Can Control Buick Regal Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
- Do thieves like your car? – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Gender and insurance – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Save by driving less – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your auto insurance policy properly reflects the right rating data. An improperly rated Regal may be wasting your money.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Save money by having high credit – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Regal by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Insurance losses for a Buick Regal – Companies use past insurance losses to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Regal vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Regal Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower Buick Regal insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every possible discount very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chandler auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Chandler and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could earn cheaper prices.
Just know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, defensive driver, membership and employees, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, new car, multi-policy, multi-car, IntelliDrive, save driver, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, new move discount, multi-policy, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, mySafetyValet, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Savings might not apply in Chandler.
Get the best coverage at the best price
You just read some good ideas how you can get a better price on Buick Regal insurance in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Chandler auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Cheap Buick Regal insurance in Chandler is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Chandler, so you need to quote Chandler auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Active Military in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)