It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates will presumably buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved about $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to get price quotes and compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Camaro insurance in Chandler is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Arizona.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for information to help keep rates affordable and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Camaro insurance in Chandler. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding cheaper coverage in Chandler can be fairly easy. Practically every car owner who is required by state law to have insurance will probably find better rates. Although Arizona consumers should learn the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
Learn How to Quote Insurance for Less
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
Only buy what you need – There are a ton of additional extra coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
How your age affects costs – Mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers are proven to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
How credit rating affects insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Camaro by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings.
Does car insurance cost less for gals? – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but males have costlier accidents. They also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Camaro yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Buy as much liability as you can afford – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Lower insurance rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Camaro – Insurers study historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Chevy Camaro vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Camaro 2dr||139||118||123||123||130||127|
|Chevrolet Camaro Convertible||92||85||107||85||95||103|
|Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr||222||80||174|
|Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible||111||113|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate information shown next covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Chevy Camaro models. Learning how car insurance prices are calculated can be valuable when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in Chandler location which can modify coverage rates considerably.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Camaro auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Camaro replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Camaro insurance in Chandler
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Chandler and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain auto insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chandler car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevy Camaro auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, professional/association, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Nationwide discounts include business or organization, family plan, good student, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, driver training, good student, air bags, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good student, good driver, multi-car, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask each company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be available in Chandler. To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Chandler, click here.
One last thing about your coverage
Affordable Chevy Camaro insurance in Chandler is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Chandler car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Additional information can be found below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Much is Chandler Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)